AAPEX 2019 Offers Technology-Driven Programs for Service Professionals
September 20, 2019
LAS VEGAS, Nev. – Sept. 19, 2019– AAPEX 2019 will offer training sessions, exhibitor demos and technology-driven programs to help service professionals stay ahead of the curve in today’s high-tech and rapidly changing automotive aftermarket. AAPEX represents the more than $1 trillion global automotive aftermarket industry and will be held Tuesday, Nov. 5 through Thursday, Nov. 7, at the Sands Expo in Las Vegas.
In addition, AAPEX has officially designated Nov. 7 as Service Professionals Day during which specific programs and exhibitor demonstrations and training will be offered for this industry segment. The lineup of programs includes:
- An Advanced Driver Assistance Systems (ADAS) Forum, Opportunities and Challenges Today
- Service Professionals Summit: Aftermarket 2030: Consolidation Trends, Opportunities and Challenges for the Independent Service Professional
- Virtual Vehicle Challenge to virtually install parts in a vehicle and compete for the best time
- Let’s Tech presentations on communicating with customers, tire mounted sensors, braking with ADAS, transparency and trust, nano-technology and the future of lubrication, vehicle security, VehicleMRI technology and more
- AAPEXedu sessions on the 2020 Aftermarket Outlook, 5 Trends in 5 Minutes, recruiting and retaining employees, trade and regulations, your customer in 2020 and more
- Mobility Garage: Products and Training for Tomorrow– Electric Car & Alternative Fuel/Energy and Shop Equipment & Technology sections
- Technology of Tomorrow: Emerging technology displays including the Smart Solar Powered Backup Camera by FenSens. This section also will feature demo implementations of the Secure Vehicle Interface (SVI) and insight on the work that the Auto Care Association is conducting for the standardization of ADAS calibration and equitable access to Embedded Device Software (EDS) on behalf of the aftermarket.
Many new products and technologies for service professionals will be displayed in the AAPEX New Product and New Packaging showcases, as well as in designated sections on the show floor, including Tools and Equipment, Remanufacturing and Paint, Body and Equipment.
In addition, the Automotive Aftermarket Suppliers Association (AASA) Know Your Parts (KYP) Booth 34001 will focus on technician training by demonstrating how to access technical hotlines and resources. KYP is challenging technicians at AAPEX to learn installation and diagnostics for new products and technologies with a grand prize winner taking home a “toolbox” of items valued at up to $5,000.
These programs, training sessions and the AAPEX trade show are included in AAPEX registration, which is $40 (U.S.) through Friday, Oct. 11.
With more than 2,500 exhibiting companies, AAPEX is the showcase for the latest products, services and technologies that keep the world’s 1.3 billion vehicles on the road. More than 48,000 targeted buyers are expected to attend, including automotive service professionals, auto parts retailers, warehouse distributors, service chains, automotive dealers, fleet buyers and engine builders. Approximately 162,000 automotive aftermarket professionals from 126 countries are projected to be in Las Vegas during AAPEX and the SEMA Show.
AAPEX is a trade-only event and is not open to the general public.
AAPEX is co-owned by the Auto Care Association and the Automotive Aftermarket Suppliers Association (AASA), the light vehicle aftermarket division of the Motor & Equipment Manufacturers Association (MEMA). For more information, visit www.aapexshow.com or e-mail: email@example.com. On social media, follow AAPEX at #AAPEX19.