AAPEX Live 2022 Coverage
Tomorrow’s Technician magazine and WIX Filters, a global manufacturer of filtration products, are pleased to announce the top four finalists and winner for the 2022 School of the Year competition.
The top four schools are:
- East Region – Jefferson County Vo-Tech, Reynoldsville, PA
- Southern Region – Nature Coast Technical High School, Brooksville, FL
- Midwest Region – Davison High School, Davison, MI
- Mountain Region – Bonneville High School, Washington Terrace, UT
“2022 has given many of our nation’s automotive instructors a chance to resume doing what they do best, and that’s preparing the next generation of industry professionals for a career,” said Tomorrow’s Technician Editor Doug Kaufman. “Of course, that doesn’t mean challenges are over, but it has put them back into an understandable setting. Now, they tell us, they’re ready to make the most of every opportunity.”
“It is with great pride that WIX Filters, Tomorrow’s Technician, Babcox Media and O’Reilly Auto Parts have joined efforts to support the 2022 School of the Year Campaign,” said Tina Davis, senior marketing manager – WIX Global and US. “We received incredible nominations from schools across the country and the final selections were made based on the compelling stories the schools told about their programs in video entries, many of which were developed, produced and submitted by the students themselves.
“We congratulate all of the entrants and are very honored to support their goals of pursuing professional careers in agribusiness and/or the automotive aftermarket,” Davis added.
The National Champion was announced during the Babcox Night of Excellence on Tuesday, November 1, 2022, at the AAPEX Show in Las Vegas, NV. Bonneville High School took the top honor and will receive:
- $10,000 WIX Filters donation to the school’s program
- WIX Filters gear
- In-person announcement/celebration visit by Tomorrow’s Tech staff and program sponsors (when safety protocols allow)
In addition to the top prize award, the 2nd, 3rd and 4th place nominees will each be awarded $500.
The top 20 entries came from across the country:
- Bonneville High School, Washington Terrace, UT
- Cherry Creek Innovation Campus, Centennial, CO
- Davison High School, Davison, MI
- Delaware Technical Community College, Stanton, DE
- East Valley Institute of Technology, Mesa, AZ
- Elkhorn High School, Elkhorn, WI
- Fallbrook Union High School, Fallbrook, CA
- Huntley High School, Huntley, IL
- Jefferson County VoTech, Reynoldsville, PA
- Lompoc High School, Lompoc, CA
- Monongalia County Technical Education Center, Morgantown, WV
- Mooresville High School, Mooresville, NC
- Nature Coast Technical High School, Brooksville, FL
- North Kansas City CTEC, Kansas City, MO
- Northwest Iowa Community College, Sheldon, IA
- OHM BOCES, New Hartford, NY
- Patrick County High School, Stuart, VA
- Satellite High School, Satellite Beach, FL
- Somerset County Technical High School, Westover, MD
- Walker County Center of Technology, Jasper, AL
The company is at booth #A1843.
The efforts of these schools, their students and the instructors should be held in high regards.