Connect with Savings
Planning for 2020 has been underway since before the close of the 2019 event and it continues. We’ve planned new areas and revamped the onsite experience at AAPEX 2020 to attract key buyers in the automotive aftermarket, making it even more valuable to be here. Now it’s time for you to plan ahead to save money while positioning your brand as a leader in the automotive aftermarket. We’ve compiled some cost-saving tips to help you take your marketing budget further.
Simple Ways to Save Big
- Save on flights by staffing locally if your company has multiple offices around the country
- Add virtual booth personnel who can be available via a handheld electronic device
- Find distribution-channel partners to invest in the show with you
- Take note of all show-vendor deadlines and discounts to avoid rush charges
- Consider evergreen booth graphics to reuse or recycle last year’s display
- Create your collateral in a digital platform that can be accessed anywhere and anytime instead of printing and shipping
- Pack lightweight modular displays
- Incorporate digital signage to eliminate year-over-year printing
- Compare rental and shipping rates for booth and furniture to determine which is less expensive
- Cut back on booth handouts/swag by offering show specials to draw traffic
- Get low-cost additional product exposure by entering your product into the New Product Showcase
Reserve Early for Better Rates
- Book flights and hotels now while costs are low and rebooking/cancelation policies are more lenient
- Remember to make all reservations through our official hotel partner, onPeak, to avoid booking or service fees and issues with unauthorized resellers
- Take advantage of AAPEX’s discounted hotel blocks at these conveniently located hotels:
- Golden Nugget
- Palace Station
Listen in on These Savings Success Stories
“We can say with conviction that AAPEX is our most important trade show of the year. Both the quantity and quality of engagement is high because everyone in the industry knows that AAPEX is the ‘one stop shop’ to see all the best manufacturers and distributors in the automotive aftermarket. We know that AAPEX gives us a very good ROI!!”
– KIM COTTLE PRESIDENT & CEO, ASSOCIATED EQUIPMENT CORP.
“Our industry is going through tremendous changes, but we at Clarios are excited to exhibit at AAPEX and are looking forward to meeting our aftermarket friends in Las Vegas. The planning for our exhibit space has kicked off and in order to save on up-front costs, we are looking at reusing and retrofitting our existing booth structure and making minimal graphic changes. We feel it is important to be present at our industry’s largest event and are implementing as many cost savings tactics as we can for our exhibit space planning.”
– MICHELE ZGOLA, DIRECTOR, MARKETING COMMUNICATIONS, CLARIOS
“AAPEX is approaching quickly. Any team running events and planning for AAPEX should take advantage of several helpful tools to manage and control their costs. First, observing show deadlines is critical. By signing up for early-bird and advance warehouse discounts, you will realize savings. Next, evaluate digital opportunities and cost-effective sponsorships, and make an execution plan so you are consistently communicating important show-related information to key audiences. One example is the AAPEX New Product and Packaging Showcase – a fantastic way to draw attention to your company’s products and packaging at a minimal cost.
This year, it is even more critical for most companies to take a hard look at every aspect of their AAPEX plan and identify ways to be more efficient. At BPI, we will use our existing booth with limited changes so we can minimize artwork and production costs. We plan to cut back on printed collateral, utilizing iPads to digitally showcase informational pieces. Because team travel is one of the biggest expenses associated with AAPEX, we will be evaluating who will be attending and looking at creative ways to staff the booth, including staggered arrivals and departures. As always, a good tip is to book hotels and flights early to ensure the best pricing available.”
– KRISTEN GRONS, MARKETING MANAGER, BRAKE PARTS INC
Multiply Your ROI
Enhance your presence at AAPEX 2020 with a sponsorship. These partnership opportunities take your brand beyond the booth—before or at the event—to reach your target market and maximize your investment of time and money.