Effective Date: April 2, 2020
Important Notice: Please note the arbitration provision set forth below, requiring you to arbitrate any claims you may have against AAPEX on an individual basis. ARBITRATION ON AN INDIVIDUAL BASIS MEANS THAT YOU WILL NOT HAVE, AND YOU WAIVE, THE RIGHT FOR A JUDGE OR JURY TO DECIDE YOUR CLAIMS, AND THAT YOU MAY NOT PROCEED IN A CLASS, CONSOLIDATED, OR REPRESENTATIVE CAPACITY.
All content included on this site, including, but not limited to text, graphics, audio clips, logos, buttons, images, digital downloads, data compilations, software, html code, xml code, and icons, is property of AAPEX and/or is licensed to AAPEX for use and is protected by United States and international copyright laws. The compilation of all content on the Sites is the exclusive property of AAPEX and protected by U.S. and international copyright laws. All software used on the Sites is the property of AAPEX or its software suppliers and protected by United States and international copyright laws.
LICENSES AND IDEA SUBMISSIONS
By AAPEX: AAPEX hereby grants you a limited, non-exclusive, non-transferable license to download, view, copy and print documents and graphics incorporated in these documents (the “Documents”) from the Sites subject to the following conditions: (1) the Documents may be used solely for personal, informational, and non-commercial (no redistribution) purposes; and (2) the Documents may not be modified or altered in any way. Except to the extent permitted under copyright law, you may not otherwise use, download, upload, copy, print, display, perform, post, reproduce, publish, license, transmit or distribute any information from the Sites in whole or in part without the prior written consent of AAPEX or any identified third party that provides information to the Sites.
AAPEX does not assert ownership of any Communications and you are entirely responsible for everything you upload, post, email or otherwise make available to us through the Sites. You are solely responsible for the Communications (and the consequences of transmission and display on the Sites) submitted in your name, via your mobile device or your email address. Communications shall not be deemed confidential and AAPEX shall not have any obligation to keep any such material confidential. AAPEX has the right (but not the obligation) to monitor and edit or remove any activity or content on the Sites. AAPEX takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Communications posted by you or any third party.
AAPEX may, in appropriate circumstances and at its sole discretion, terminate use of the Sites by any visitors who infringe on the intellectual property rights of others.
If you believe that your work has been copied in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, please provide AAPEX’s Copyright Agent the following information:
- an electronic or physical signature of the person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright interest;
- a description of the copyrighted work that you claim has been infringed;
- a description of where the material that you claim is infringing is located on the Sites;
- your address, telephone number, and email address;
- a statement by you that you have a good faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent or the law; and
- a statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that the above information in your notice is accurate and that you are the copyright owner or authorized to act on the copyright owner’s behalf.
We may give notice to our users by means of a general notice on any of our web sites, electronic mail to a user’s e-mail address in our records, or written communication sent by first class mail to a user’s physical address in our records. If you receive such a notice, you may provide counter-notification in writing to the designated agent that includes the information below. To be effective, the counter-notification must be a written communication that includes the following:
- Your physical or electronic signature;
- Identification of the material that has been removed or to which access has been disabled, and the location at which the material appeared before it was removed or access to it was disabled;
- A statement from you, under penalty of perjury, that you have a good-faith belief that the material was removed or disabled as a result of a mistake or misidentification of the material to be removed or disabled; and
- Your name, physical address and telephone number, and a statement that you consent to the jurisdiction of a federal district court for the judicial district in which your physical address is located, or if your physical address is outside of the United States, for any judicial district in which we may be found, and that you will accept service of process from the person who provided notification of allegedly infringing material or an agent of such person.
AAPEX’s Copyright Agent for Notice of claims of copyright infringement and counter notifications can be reached as follows:
ATTN: AAPEX Webmaster
10070 W. 190th Place
Mokena, IL 60448 USABy Phone: 708.326.5141
By Fax: 708.226.1310
By email: email@example.com
In an effort to protect the rights of copyright owners, AAPEX will take reasonable steps within its power to terminate, in appropriate circumstances, use of the Sites by account holders and users it categorizes as repeat infringers.
“AAPEX,” the AAPEX logo and other marks followed by TM or ® that appear on the Sites are registered trademarks or trademarks of AAPEX. Any graphics, logos, page headers and service names that may appear on the Sites are also the property of AAPEX. These items may not be used in any manner that is likely to cause confusion among customers, or in any manner that disparages or discredits AAPEX. Unless otherwise noted on the Sites, all other trademarks, service marks and logos used in the Sites are the trademarks, service marks or logos of their respective owners.
PASSWORDS AND SECURITY
Certain aspects of the Sites require you to register. You agree that the information you supply during that registration process will be accurate and complete. You also agree not to (i) select, register, or attempt to register, or use a user name of another person with the intention of impersonating that person; (ii) use a user name of anyone else without authorization; (iii) use a user name in violation of the intellectual property rights of any person; or (iv) use a user name that AAPEX considers to be offensive. AAPEX reserves the right to reject or terminate any user name or password that, in its sole discretion, is deemed offensive. You are solely responsible for maintaining the secrecy of your passwords and/or any account information in connection with the Sites, and for restricting access to your computer and your account. You are fully responsible for all activities that occur under your account or password, and you agree to notify AAPEX immediately of any unauthorized use of your passwords or accounts.
PROHIBITED ACTS, MONITORING OF CONTENT AND TERMINATION
1. upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available:
- any content that is unlawful, abusive, vulgar, harmful, threatening, harassing, tortious, defamatory, obscene, libelous, invasive of another’s privacy, or otherwise objectionable;
- any content that you do not have a right to make available under any law or under contractual or fiduciary relationships, such as inside information, proprietary and confidential information learned or disclosed as part of employment relationships or under nondisclosure agreements; any content that infringes any patent, trademark, trade secret, image or program, copyright or other proprietary rights of any party;
- any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, charity requests, petitions for signatures, promotional materials, “junk mail,” “spam,” “chain letters,” “pyramid schemes,” or any other form of solicitation, except in those areas that are designed for such purpose;
- any material that contains software viruses or any other computer codes, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment;
2. harms minors in any way;
3. impersonate any person or entity, including but not limited to a AAPEX official or AAPEX managing editor, or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity;
4. forge headers or otherwise manipulate identifiers in order to disguise the origin of any content transmitted through the Site or Communication Services;
5. interfere with or disrupt the Sites or Communication Services or servers or networks connected to the Sites or Communication Services, or disobey any requirements, procedures, policies or regulations of networks connected to the Sites or Communication Services;
6. intentionally or unintentionally violate any applicable local, state, national or international law, including, but not limited to, regulations promulgated by the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission, any rules of any national or other securities exchange, including, without limitation, the New York Stock Exchange, the American Stock Exchange or the NASDAQ, and any regulations having the force of law, or encourage others to engage in such conduct;
7. interfere in any way with other users of the Sites or Communication Services;
8. post or transmit any message which discloses private or personal matters concerning any person; and
9. post, list or transmit articles which are off topic according to the description of the group affected (collectively, the “Prohibited Acts”).
You understand that all Communications, whether publicly posted or privately transmitted, are the sole responsibility of the person posting or transmitting such Communications. This means that you, and not AAPEX, are entirely responsible for all content or Communications that you upload, forward, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available via the Sites or Communication Services.
Because AAPEX does not control the content of Communications posted via the Sites or Communication Services, it cannot and does not guarantee the accuracy, integrity or quality of such Content or Communications. You understand that by using the Sites or Communication Services, you may be exposed to Content or Communications that are offensive, indecent or objectionable.
AAPEX further reserves the right to terminate your access to the Sites, the Communication Services and any accounts you may have in connection with the Sites or Communication Services at any time and, without notice, for any reason whatsoever. You agree that AAPEX shall not be liable to you or any third party for any termination of your access to the Sites, the Communication Services or any accounts you may have in connection with the Sites or Communication Services.
Without the prior written permission of AAPEX, you may not frame, or make it appear that a third-party site is presenting or endorsing, any of the Sites, or incorporate any intellectual property of the Sites, AAPEX or any of their licensors into another web site or other service without AAPEX’s prior written consent.
DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES AND LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
Opinions, advice statements, offers, or other information or content made available on or through the Sites or Communication Services are those of their respective authors, who are solely responsible for such content, goods and services. AAPEX does not guarantee the accuracy, completeness or reliability of any such information, and does not adopt or endorse, nor is it responsible for, any goods or services provided by any third party.
YOU EXPRESSLY UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT:
YOUR USE OF THE SITES OR COMMUNICATION SERVICES IS PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, AAPEX EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. AAPEX MAKES NO WARRANTY THAT (1) THE SITES OR THE COMMUNICATION SERVICES WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS; (2) THE SITES OR THE COMMUNICATION SERVICES WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, TIMELY, SECURE, OR FREE OF VIRUSES, ERRORS OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS; (3) THE RESULTS THAT MAY BE OBTAINED FROM THE USE OF THE SITES OR COMMUNICATION SERVICES WILL BE ACCURATE OR RELIABLE; (4) THE QUALITY OF ANY PRODUCTS, SERVICES, INFORMATION, OR OTHER MATERIAL PURCHASED OR OBTAINED BY YOU THROUGH THE SITES OR COMMUNICATION SERVICES WILL MEET YOUR EXPECTATIONS OR WILL BE ACCURATE, RELIABLE OR CORRECT; AND (5) ANY ERRORS ON THE SITES OR COMMUNICATION SERVICES WILL BE CORRECTED.
TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, AAPEX WILL NOT BE LIABLE IN ANY WAY, FOR ANY CONTENT OR COMMUNICATIONS, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, ANY ERRORS OR OMISSIONS IN ANY CONTENT OR COMMUNICATIONS, OR FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE OF ANY KIND INCURRED AS A RESULT OF THE USE OF ANY CONTENT OR COMMUNICATIONS POSTED, E-MAILED, TRANSMITTED OR OTHERWISE MADE AVAILABLE VIA THE SITES OR COMMUNICATION SERVICES.
TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, ANY CONTENT DOWNLOADED OR OTHERWISE OBTAINED THROUGH THE USE OF THE SITES OR THE COMMUNICATION SERVICES IS DONE AT YOUR OWN DISCRETION AND RISK AND YOU WILL BE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE TO YOUR COMPUTER SYSTEM OR LOSS OR CORRUPTION OF DATA THAT RESULTS FROM THE DOWNLOAD OF ANY SUCH CONTENT.
APPLICABLE LAW MAY NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
LINKS, THIRD PARTY WEB SITES, CONTENT, PRODUCTS AND SERVICES
INFORMATION CONCERNING FINANCIAL MATTERS
If you intend to create or join any service, receive or request any news, messages, alerts, updates or other information from the Sites or Communication Services concerning companies, stock quotes, investments or securities, you should take particular care to review the foregoing sections on Disclaimer of Warranties and Limitation of Liability. AAPEX’s services are made available for informational purposes only, and not for trading or investing purposes. AAPEX will not be responsible or liable for the accuracy, usefulness or availability of any information transmitted or made available through the Sites or Communication Services, and shall not be responsible or liable for any trading or investment decisions made based on such information.
AAPEX provides the Sites in the United States of America. AAPEX does not represent that the Sites, Communications or any services offered through the Sites are appropriate (or, in some cases, available) for use in other locations. If you use the Sites from a jurisdiction other than the United States, you agree that you do so of your own initiative, and you are responsible for complying with local laws as applicable to your use of the Sites.
Notice shall be sent to:
- For AAPEX:
ATTN: AAPEX Disputes
10070 W. 190th Place
Mokena, IL 60448 USA
- For you: the contact information on file with AAPEX
Both you and AAPEX agree that this dispute resolution procedure is a condition precedent that must be satisfied before initiating any litigation or filing any claim against the other party. IF ANY DISPUTE CANNOT BE RESOLVED BY THE ABOVE DISPUTE RESOLUTION PROCEDURE, YOU AGREE THAT THE SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE JURISDICTION FOR SUCH DISPUTE WILL BE DECIDED BY BINDING ARBITRATION ON AN INDIVIDUAL BASIS. ARBITRATION ON AN INDIVIDUAL BASIS MEANS THAT YOU WILL NOT HAVE, AND YOU WAIVE, THE RIGHT FOR A JUDGE OR JURY TO DECIDE YOUR CLAIMS, AND THAT YOU MAY NOT PROCEED IN A CLASS, CONSOLIDATED, OR REPRESENTATIVE CAPACITY. Other rights that you and we would have in court will not be available or will be more limited in arbitration, including discovery and appeal rights. Any such Dispute shall be exclusively submitted to JAMS (www.jamsadr.com) for binding arbitration under its rules then in effect, and will occur in the Washington, DC area, before one arbitrator to be mutually agreed upon by both parties.
CHOICE OF FORUM
AAPEX Show Management
10070 W. 190th Place, Mokena, IL 60448 USA
708.326.5141 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Copyright © 2020 AAPEX – All Rights Reserved