In an effort to provide as much information as possible regarding onsite health and safety protocols for AAPEX 2021 this November, we’ve assembled the below details and FAQs. As the show approaches, this page will be updated with additional details as announced.
We look forward to seeing you in Vegas this November!
There are several ways to gain access to AAPEX (you must complete one of these):
- Download the Clear Healthpass app, select the AAPEX Show, and upload your vaccination card
- Bring a negative PCR test to the show
- Take a rapid COVID test onsite
If you do not live in the United States, you will not be able to upload proof of vaccination to CLEAR. However, more details will be shared on how you’ll be cleared for onsite access soon.
- AAPEX has partnered with CLEAR Health Pass to provide easy proof of COVID-19 vaccination for faster entry. If/once vaccinated, download the CLEAR app and enroll for free here:
- For the most efficient entry possible, all attendees who have been vaccinated should create a free CLEAR Health Pass account and upload proof of vaccination in order to enter.
- If you have any questions about enrolling in CLEAR, please reach out to email@example.com or tap “Get In Touch” in the app for assistance.
- Here are the full instructions on how to complete your Health Pass:
1) Download the CLEAR app and tap the white Health Pass tile
2) Tap ‘Events’ and the AAPEX tile
3) Easily enroll or verify your identity with a quick selfie
4) Follow the prompts to verify your proof of vaccination
5) Before you arrive, reopen the Health Pass tile and produce your pass. Green is good to go! Have your pass ready to show security for faster entry.
This guidance applied to COVID-19 vaccines authorized for emergency use by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (i.e., Pfizer-BioNTech, Moderna, and Johnson and Johnson (J&J)/Janssen COVID-19 vaccines), and COVID-19 vaccines authorized for emergency use by the World Health Organization (i.e., AstraZeneca/Oxford, Covishield, Sinopharm, and Sinovac), on or before October 1, 2021. The full list of vaccines with final WHO EUL/PQ evaluation status is available here.
The Negative Test must be within 3 days of the first day you come to the AAPEX show. For example, if you come to the show for the first time on Sunday, the test must be from Thursday Oct 28th or later.
Once you have cleared the Healthy and Safety checkpoint upon your first visit to AAPEX, you will receive a badge sticker that will allow you to come and go from AAPEX without having to go through the Health and Safety screening again.
AAPEX is working with a company to offer onsite COVID-19 tests. More details, including the company and testing app for scheduling will be shared soon.
Each individual will be responsible for payment of the $25 fee for their Onsite Rapid Test.
You will be able to schedule your onsite rapid test in advance. More details will be available shortly. Walk-ins are also allowed, but will be handled after the pre-scheduled people, thus, it is recommended that you do schedule your test if possible.
By order of the State of Nevada, all attendees must wear a mask, other than when actively eating or drinking. This is regardless of vaccination status.
Q: How can I verify my vaccination if I don’t feel comfortable using Clear?
A: If you don’t want to use the Clear app, please bring your vaccination card and ID to AAPEX, and you will be cleared to enter by our Secondary Screening.
Q: Are photocopies of vaccination cards acceptable as onsite proof of vaccination (if you haven’t already uploaded to CLEAR)?
A: Yes, photocopies of vaccination cards will be accepted, provided that the photo is legible and the name on the vaccination card is the same name as the ID provided onsite.
Q: I have proof of my vaccine on my phone – is that sufficient?
A: If you would like to avoid the secondary screening, please download and utilize the Clear App. If you choose not to use the Clear App, the vaccination proof on your phone will be sufficient for secondary screening, provided the name on the vaccination proof matches your ID onsite.
Q: How do I get a sticker for my badge so I can come and go?
A: Once you have cleared the Health and Safety checkpoint and have registered, please find one of the several Health and Safety Sticker distribution counters. The people working at the counters will put the sticker on your badge
Q: Can I get stickers for my colleagues?
A: No, each individual must come get their own sticker.
Q: Is any of my data or personal information passed on to AAPEX?
A: No, users will show the Clear Healthpass app to security (if the vaccination card is uploaded), or the test result – no data will be shared with AAPEX.
Q: What happens if I test positive?
A: If you believe it is a false positive, you are welcome to be tested again. Otherwise, you will not be able to join us at AAPEX this year. AAPEX will not know who tests positive, and our attendees should work with their hotels to quarantine safely upon a positive test result.
- City of Las Vegas – Vegas has implemented Vegas Smart (https://www.visitlasvegas.com/vegas-smart/) which applies to its hotels, casinos, shows, restaurants, and events. The focus of the program is bringing the city back to life in a fun yet healthy way. Part of the program is Meet Smart, Vegas Smart. This includes important meeting protocols (https://www.vegasmeansbusiness.com/why-choose-vegas/business-beat/post/welcome-back-meetings-and-events/) throughout all meeting venues that have been implemented. There’s also a Meet Smart Travel Journey (https://www.vegasmeansbusiness.com/meet-smart-travel-journey/) that outlines protocols for Vegas visitors and what ones should expect when attending a meeting there.
- Sands Expo & The Venetian – Venetian Clean (https://www.venetianlasvegas.com/policy/venetian-clean.html)
- Freeman (General Contractor) – SafeConnect Promise (https://go.freeman.com/rs/807-ANK-125/images/Freeman%20Safe%20Connect%20Promise.pdf)
- onPeak (Housing) – See the hotel & travel page (https://www.aapexshow.com/attendee-portal/hotel-travel/) for hotel and resort specific details on COVID-19 plans, improvements and protocols