How AAPEX Is Preparing For November
As the city of Las Vegas reopens, AAPEX will continue to monitor its return to business. We will actively work with and monitor steps taken by the Sands Expo & Caesars Forum Conference Center along with Vegas hotels, restaurants, transportation companies, and entertainment venues that are all part of our community’s event experience. Updates will be added to this page as new procedures, plans, and details are determined, put in place and/or evolved as we continue planning for November.
The return to and navigation of a new way of conducting business, trade shows, dining, entertainment—and our everyday way of life—may at times seem rapid and at other times a slow-moving process. But together, we’ll take it step-by-step, and together, we’ll move ahead.
To hear a message from AAPEX on the evolving circumstances, please click here.
Onsite Changes At AAPEX
We cannot wait to see you in person this fall! As you would expect, things may look a bit different, due to social distancing, wearing of masks, and the forgoing of the good old handshake—for everyone’s safety. Changes will not, however, keep you from reconnecting with industry peers and forging new relationships with suppliers and partners.
Some adjustments you will see onsite include*:
- Masks: The wearing of masks will be enforced and masks will be provided, for attendees or exhibitors who do not have one
- Aisles: We’ll increase aisle width and add directional signage to make main aisles one-way
- Cleaning & Sanitation: The Sands Expo & Caesars Forum will have more hand sanitizer stations available throughout their facilities and you will see an increase in regular cleaning of high-touch areas throughout the show
*This information will be expanded as we approach November and can provide a comprehensive list of all the new features and guidelines that will be in place.
As part of The Venetian, The Sands Expo has updated its procedures and is providing guidance for meetings and conventions, including AAPEX. Guidelines will continue to evolve, but highlights include:
- Thermal scanners for non-invasive temperature checks
- Seating capacities and plans will be reviewed event-by-event to ensure physical distancing is compliant with the CDC and state recommendations
- Hand sanitizer dispensers will be available throughout meeting rooms and exhibit halls as well as other areas; hand rails of escalators will be regularly sanitized, especially during peak use times
- For the full list of updates, see The Venetian Clean Commitment for Your Health and Safety
Other Vegas Hotels
As part of Nevada’s state-specific reopening plan, casino resorts were allowed to open as of June 4. View Vegas Insider’s list of casino/resort/hotels for each property’s website, safety information page, and open amenities. Individual hotel safety pages detail new procedures put in place to ensure your continued health and safety during your stay.
Guidelines & Best Practices
AAPEX continues to follow guidelines and best practices laid out for events by the CDC, along with national and local government mandates. In addition, AAPEX leadership and our planning team are working closely with The Venetian, Sands Expo, and Caesars Forum Conference Center to implement recommendations and create the best onsite experience for all attendees and exhibitors.
The Venetian and Sands Expo are scheduled to host other trade shows this fall, prior to AAPEX in November. Our team, and the Sands Expo, will continue to apply learnings from a half dozen of the larger events and implement them for AAPEX. AAPEX will also look to other trade shows that have already happened in other countries as well as those scheduled across the U.S and in Las Vegas.
In addition to these other shows and events, a trade show industry task force will provide advice and guidance on unfolding best practices. The task force is led by:
- The International Sanitation and Safety Association (ISSA)
- Global Biorisk Advisory Council (GBAC)
- The International Association of Venue Management (IAVM)
- International Association of Exhibitions and Events (IAEE)
- Exhibition Services and Contractors Association (ESCA)
We recognize that various levels of travel restrictions (both domestic and/or international) remain in place. Changes to these restrictions continue to unfold, and likely will evolve more as we approach November. We at AAPEX hope to see you and your team in person this year and encourage you to begin planning for November now.
Get Your Questions Answered
Our next virtual town hall is being coordinated for July. Please share your questions to have them answered by AAPEX leadership.
Have additional questions or looking for more information? Check out important updates and resources available from the aftermarket associations, with regard to COVID-19, here. Please reach out to Kelly Denman at email@example.com with any additional questions.